- 800 g Kennebeck type potatoes
- ½ onion
- 8 truffled eggs or 8 fresh eggs +2 tablespoons of truffle oil
- 1 truffle (Tuber Indicum) canned
- Peel the potatoes, wash and dry with absorbent paper. Cut the potatoes into thin slices with a knife and put them in a UNICA frying pan with a little oil. Sauté the potatoes over medium-low heat, covered, without allowing them to color, while finely chop the onion and add to the potatoes. Poach everything with the lid until the potatoes are soft. If necessary, you can add a little more oil, leave for about 20-25 minutes and add salt to taste.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, they do not need to be very beaten, just beaten and add the potatoes and poached onion. To the mixture add two tablespoons of truffle oil if we do not have truffled eggs and add the grated truffle. Adjust salt if necessary.
- Heat with a little olive oil in the same pan used to fry the potatoes and add the mixture to begin to set the tortilla. Mix a little with a spatula so that the eggs begin to set and leave for about two minutes over medium heat, turn the omelet with the help of a plate larger than the pan and brown on the other side for about two more minutes.
Photographs and recipe by Silvia