It is a seafood dish with a delicious, very smooth and creamy cava sauce, perfect for taking advantage of a leftover bottle of cava.
We can prepare these mussels both for appetizers and as a starter and they look equally good with both normal and rosé cava. Quick to prepare and very festive for any occasion of the year.Ingredients: 4 people
- 1kg of mussels
- 1⁄2 lemon slice
- 4-5 pepper balls
- 2 slices of ginger
- 100 g of red onion
- 30 ml olive oil
- 350 ml of rosé or brut nature cava at room temperature
- 350 ml evaporated milk or cream at room temperature
- Chopped parsley
- 1 dessert spoon of cornstarch
- Clean the mussels well under running water, using a knife to remove any filaments that appear between the two shells and any small attached crustaceans.
- Place two inches of water, the lemon slice, the pepper and the ginger in the low 24 cm Optima saucepan . Place the Optima drainer with the clean mussels and cover. Boil for a few minutes until they have opened. Reserve covered.
- Finely chop the onion and fry with the oil in the Magma 24 cm high saucepan until transparent.
- Add the cava and let the alcohol evaporate for a minute, then add the evaporated milk, salt and pepper and let it reduce over medium heat until it has reduced a little. Add the cornstarch dissolved in cold water and let it thicken, stirring so it doesn't stick.
- Pour the mussels carefully and mix so that they are well coated with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.