This pork roast is really a perfect recipe for when you have to organize a gathering at home. Very simple and, above all, how quickly it is ready, perfect so that you can enjoy your guests and the best thing about the roast, if you have any left over, you can consume it cold as cold cuts in sandwiches, sandwiches and why not in some tacos accompanied by vegetables .
- 1 pork loin of approximately 1 and a half kg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 125ml white wine
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 500g small potatoes
- We preheat the oven to 180º.
- We season the pork loin with salt and pepper and add the aromatics, you can use the ones you like the most. I have used fresh thyme and rosemary.
- We cut the onion into julienne strips and place it as a base in our 28cm Mineral saucepan . We wash the potatoes well, dry and cut them in half or quarters depending on the size, you can cut them into slices if you prefer. We put them on top of the onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, we put olive oil in a frying pan or Mineral saucepan, covering the bottom, we heat it and put the loin to seal it, this way when it is baked the juices will not be lost.
- We brown well on both sides and once ready we put it in the saucepan along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the oil for browning the loin and the white wine.
- We put the whole crushed garlic with a simple stroke of a knife and distribute it throughout the saucepan.
- We bake at 180º for 50 minutes, after this time we increase to 200º and leave 10 more minutes for some crust to form.
- The time may vary depending on the weight of the loin and the oven, you have to control it so that it is perfect.
- We take it out and cut it into not too thin fillets.
- If you want, you can put all the juice that has been released on the heat in the same saucepan and let it reduce.
Photographs and recipe by Raquel