Bluefin tuna is the fish that contains the most Omega 3 fatty oils, which helps reduce cholesterol levels. Of the many ways we can cook this fish, I suggest doing it in the form of tuna burgers. This way of preparing fish as a hamburger is a very good option, especially for those of you who have children at home and find it difficult to get them to eat fish, it will surely be much easier this way!
These burgers will be perfect to enjoy at an informal dinner or at a barbecue now that the best season will soon arrive.Ingredients: 4 people
- 600-700 g fresh red tuna
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 lime, grated
- 5 basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low salt)
- 1 dessert spoon of sriracha sauce (spicy) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (about two fingers in the blender)
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 4 rolls
- 1 tomato cut into slices
- watercress leaves
- To prepare the mayonnaise, put the egg, oil and salt in the blender glass. Insert the mixer and turn it to maximum power without moving it until a thick mayonnaise emulsifies. Once assembled, add the chopped avocado and lemon juice and blend again until you obtain a fine, well-emulsified mayonnaise. Store in the refrigerator.
- Cut the tuna into slices and then into thin strips and with a knife, finely chop into small cubes. Chop the fresh onion and basil leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl together with the lime zest, olive oil, soy sauce, hot sauce if we add it, sesame seeds and egg yolks. Season. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Heat the Magma griddle and paint with olive oil. When it is very hot, form four very thick burgers and grill for about five minutes on each side. The cooking point will depend on each diner.
- Spread the base of the bun with the avocado mayonnaise, arrange some tomato slices and some watercress leaves and the tuna burger on them.
Advice: So that all the burgers are the same size and beautiful in shape, use a plating ring a little smaller than the bun as a mold. Paint the ring with olive oil and place it on the hot griddle. Place three or four tablespoons of chopped tuna into the ring and leave for a few minutes, remove the ring and turn the burger over. Do the same with the rest of the burgers.
Photographs and recipe by Silvia .