Lemon curd is a typical preparation of British cuisine. It is perfect for using in cakes, biscuits and sweet preparations, although we don't know if you can resist eating it by the spoonful because it is delicious.
This recipe incorporates very basic ingredients and although it seems complicated, we are going to show you how easy it is to prepare.
- 180g icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- 80g butter
- 2 eggs
- We grate the skin of the two lemons (only the yellow part).
- We squeeze the two lemons and reserve the juice.
- Mix the sugar, lemon zest and juice in a bowl until everything is integrated.
- We beat the two eggs and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- We put it in our Mineral saucepan , put it over medium heat and without stopping stirring, we let it cook until it thickens.
- Once it has a thick consistency, we transfer it to a jar, let it cool and put it in the refrigerator.