Today we start cooking with two very Galician products: Clams and octopus. It is a most delicious combination that I assure you goes a long way. You can serve it as we propose or you can give it a touch by adding a delicious fresh pasta that will surely satisfy more diners.
Let the clams release their sand well. To do this, before consuming them, remember to immerse them in cold water with salt for half an hour before cooking. Then drain and reserve. With such a product nothing can go wrong.
Have your Monix® pan ready to prepare easy and tasty recipes like this one.
Clams with octopus in the pan
For 3-4 people
Total time: 35 minutes
750 g fresh clams
A splash of extra virgin olive oil
½ chopped onion
2 bay leaves
1 clove of garlic, minced
1-½ tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon of sweet or hot paprika - optional 1 cayenne 120 ml of white wine
1-2 octopus legs cooked sous vide
Chopped parsley to sprinkle
You will need a 24-26 cm Monix® FUEGO frying pan.
- Put the clams in cold salted water to loosen the sand. Leave them for 30 minutes
soak, then remove the water, wash with water under the tap with the help of a
drainer and reserve.
- Prepare your Monix® FUEGO frying pan and pour a splash of oil into it. Heat it to
medium-high heat. When it is ready, add the onion and a little salt and let
brown for about 10 minutes. Add the bay leaf and the chopped garlic clove and finish
- Add the flour and toast for 2 minutes so that it loses the raw flavor.
Add the paprika and stir for a few seconds so that it does not burn before
add the wine.
- Add the wine and mix. If the octopus has broth from cooking, it is time to
Add it to enrich the result. Let it evaporate for about 3-4 minutes over heat
- Pour in the washed and drained clams, cover the pan and let them open for 5
minutes or as long as you need.
- Add the sliced octopus. Mix and heat. Sprinkle with parsley
chopped. And to eat!